Thursday, August 4, 2011

I know this sounds crazy but I have a Afrin addiction and wondering if anyone has experienced this!?

I came down with a bad sinus infection about a month ago and had sever nasal congestion to go along. I couldn't sleep or function with a very stuffy nose. So my mom let me use this stuff called afrin nasal spray and it was like heaven!!! It relieved my stuffy nose in less than a minute. So i used it everyday for about a week not realizing on the back of the bottle it said only use 3 days. My cold had passed but i still had the congestion going on. Then I realized that I was addicted to it! :( I did some online research and realized that the only cure was cold turkey but I've tried this and had no success with it. I just cannot stand being stopped up and feel panic coming on when I'm severely congested. But on the other hand I read about some people being addicted for 10 years and more! I dont wanna have to suffer like that! I just want to be able to breathe normally again. Can anyone give me some info on how to quit besides the cold turkey and your experience with the nasal spray! Thanks!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment